Private Parenting Plan
Our experienced team
Can help you
We work with you, to be clear, on what you want to do next.
The Private Parenting Plan Service provides a respectful platform for a couple to make decisions regarding shared care. We endeavour to reduce the initial emotional impact to all people involved (especially the children) by having a structure in place which helps everyone feel safe and in a routine as quickly as possible.
As part of our service we offer an interim plan as quickly as possible. In our experience we have found that writing an interim plan provides immediate structure and security to the children and parents, while the parents work on a longer-term arrangement.
We offer an interim plan effective immediately and aim to have your in-depth full plan ready for signing within a month.
A parenting plan should reflect the interests and the needs of the child. It can also help to reduce conflict between parents by setting clear guidelines and expectations.
Reducing conflict is important, as research shows that children’s chances of dealing successfully with their parents’ separation and divorce is greatly increased if their parents co-operate respectfully with each other. We work between the parties negotiating on topics until a Private Parenting Plan is ready for signing.
We endeavor to have your matter concluded within a 1-month time frame, however this is subject to you and your ex-partner, providing the necessary information required to move your matter forward and working collaboratively with us. If your matter is unresolved by this date, we will continue to work with you on a month by month basis and there will be a further month by month cost.
There are no hidden costs or extras above our set fee. All emails, texts, communications are included.
At the end of your Parenting Plan service, your next step would be to consider applying for your application for Divorce.
THE PARENTING PLAN SERVICE INCLUDES:
- Your own Private Parenting Plan Specialist
- All communications and negotiations between parties
- Individual consultation with each parent to gather information and reach agreement on how they will share the weekly child care arrangements considering birthdays, special occasions, holidays, etc.
- Prepare a draft Parenting Plan for each client to review and approve.
- Prepare final document for each client to sign and date.
- Keep both parties informed during the process.
Examples of everyday issues that you are likely to need to cover in a parenting plan include
- Living arrangements. Which nights and with whom the children reside
- Which day, time and place changeover will take place
- What care arrangements will be in place during school holidays?
- Extra-curricular activities, will you both attend?
- Emergency medical treatment (How will parents notify each other?).
- Decisions about medical or dental care and who will pay
- How your children will keep in touch with the other parent and other people important to your children when they are with you?
- Special occasions such as birthdays, Christmas, Easter, graduation days
- Care of child if unwell (Who will take time off work?)
Other areas to consider
- Overseas trips and passports
- What school your children will attend?
- Dental or Medical treatment which has extra costs involved
- Vaccinations or other preventative treatments
- Private medical costs/Medicare gap
- What time your children will spend with other people, such as grandparents, siblings, step-parents or other people
- Extra-curricular activities – agree to attend some important events together with your children
- Safety, car seats, cycle helmets, safety gear
- Drug and alcohol use
- Child’s use of the computer, social networking, mobile phone and other electronic devices, gaming systems
- Diet and Nutrition
- Photographs on parents social networking
- Family pets
- New partners and their family.
need help to get started?
If you don’t know where to begin or are having difficulties coming to agreement on on the care of your children and parenting arrangements as part of your separation, talk to us today and let us help get you and your family on track.