Once you have been officially separated for 12 months, you may want to consider getting a divorce; remaining legally married will have implications for your rights and responsibilities for legal and financial matters.
Our Divorce Service is to provide you with administration assistance to complete an online divorce application via the Commonwealth courts portal and to receive a legal certificate of divorce.
We have your divorce application lodged in no time at all.
Our divorce application service includes:
- Preparation with you of your on-line Divorce application on the Commonwealth Courts portal
- Scanning, printing and serving Divorce documents
- Assistance with affidavit preparation and filing with the Federal Court
- Providing you with updates and handling of all Federal Court correspondence regarding your Divorce application
- Communication between parties
Typical documents required:
- Application for divorce (7- 11 pages)
- Affidavit of E Filing (Divorce)
- Acknowledgement of service
- Affidavit of service by Post (Divorce)
- Affidavit of service by Hand (Divorce)
- Affidavit proving signature
- Affidavit regarding living under the same roof while separated for applicant and another person
- Affidavit of Service (General)
We also provide assistance in the following circumstances:
- You have a concession card and wish to apply for a fee reduction
- You were born overseas or married overseas
- You have been married less than two years
- You were married overseas and your marriage certificate is not in English
- You wish to apply for a fee reduction due to financial hardship
- You do not have a copy of your marriage certificate
- You are unable to locate your partner to serve documents
- Your partner refuses to sign the divorce documentation
- You need to reschedule the Federal Court hearing
- Your partner files a Response to Divorce
- You need to attend the Court hearing via phone link-up
- What you will need to tell the Court at your phone hearing?
A divorce application can be time consuming, complicated and stressful. Take the guess work out of it and talk to us today about how we can help simplify the process for you and get your divorced processed as soon as possible.
We strongly advise you seek legal advice if you have not done so regarding your financial settlement prior to engaging Act4Tomorrow to assist with your Divorce application. We can recommend the name of legal practitioners. We would appreciate your acknowledgment of this advice in a reply email as Act 4 Tomorrow Pty Ltd does not purport to be legal practitioners, accountants, financial advisors, and we cannot and will not give such advice to you.